'Strategic Communicator Program'
Are you a Strategic Communicator? Test Yourself
For each statement, give yourself a score from 1 (never applicable/ never true) to 10 (always applicable/ always true)
- I think of myself as a professional with responsibilities for communications that influence and achieve results, not as a writer, editor, producer, spokesperson, creative director, etc. _____
- I recognize that communication is not about publications or media. Communication is a change agent. The purpose of communication is not merely to convey information, but to influence behavior by inspiring people to take action toward the organization's objectives. ______
- All communication activities and messages are linked to the strategic objectives of the organization and are carried out based on a comprehensive communication plan. ______
- Communication is recognized and practiced as a management process with a specific business purpose and disciplined methods of development, implementation, and measurements. ______
- Communication is based on research such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and audits. It benefits from methods such as bench marking, best practices, and models of excellence. ______
- I have a good understanding of our stakeholders with profiles for each group. I never assume that I know what stakeholders think and need. I seek their input and feedback. _____
- My communication does not use my own language, style, and preferred media. Rather, it utilizes those of our audiences. Our communication uses a receiver-focused approach in both content and context. _____
- I recognize that the primary responsibility for employee communication lies with managers and supervisors. I provide managers with the tools and training that enable them to effectively play their role as communicators. _____
- I recognize that people will not respond to communication messages falling upon them from above without their participation. I strive to create organization-wide employee engagement so we can move enthusiastically toward our shared goals. _____
- I recognize that to be influential, communication must be credible. I create highly credible communication that satisfies the organization’s interests as well as its stake-holders’ need to know and understand. _____
Add your 10 scores to come up with your final score out of a total of 100. Then find ways to improve your score by improving your performance in each of the 10 areas of the test. Resources: HumaNext Strategic Communicator Program gives you all the tools and training you need to expand your career and your influence by becoming a Strategic Communicator. Learn how on this page.
Strategic Communication Program
At Last: A Program to Master Strategic Communication from Your Home or Office
Everything is done from the comfort of your home, through email, Ms Documents, PowerPoint Slides, Online Webinars, a Wiki website, and email and phone consultations. Add “Strategic” to your capabilities in a convenient way and short period of time. Learn more below..
A Unique Program that Covers Key Areas of Strategic Communication Planning from Your Home
With HumaNext Strategic Communicator Program (SCP) you get everything you need - by email and online - to become a strategic communication professional or consultant.
You will receive the tools, templates, and training you need covering:
- Creating Strategic Communication Plans
- Conducting Communication Audits
- Creating Communications That Win Hearts and Minds
You will do the entire program from the comfort of your home or office with no travel costs and no time to waste. You learn on your own pace and end up with the tools, templates, and training you need to master these areas of strategic communication practice. It is a unique, flexible program available only from HumaNext / Communication Ideas.
Get free communication ideas, tools and tactics from our HumaNext newsletter
Who Can Benefit from HumaNext Strategic Communicator Program
- Communication professionals who want to become strategic communicators
- Public Relations and Marketing Communications professionals who want to master strategic communication planning
- Consultants who want to add strategic communication to their areas of practice
- Practicing communication professionals who want to expand their capabilities
- Professionals in HR, Training, and related functions who want to add employee communication skills to their capabilities
- People who want to enter the corporate communication / employee communication field
Overview: What You Will Get from the Strategic Communicator Program
You Will Get Complete Tools & Training Covering these Practice Areas:
The SCP covers the following topics and tools:
1. Creating Strategic Communication Plans
- A complete “Communication Plan Template” package with content and step-by-step instructions to help you create effective strategic communication plans for your organization or your clients.
- Access to a recorded webinar to listen to the Template’s author explaining the key aspects of the process, the challenges you are likely to encounter and how to manage them.
- A set of PowerPoint Slides you can use for both learning and presentation of the topic to others to teach them about the strategic communication planning process.
2. Conducting Communication Audits
- A comprehensive step-by-step Guide to designing and conducting a communication audit for your organization or clients.
- Access to a recorded webinar to hear an explanation of the key parts of the audit’s process, the challenges you’re likely to encounter and how to overcome them.
- A set of PowerPoint Slides you can use for both learning and presentation of the topic to others to teach them about the communication audit process.
3. Heart & Mind Communication:
- You will get the complete Guide / Template for this program in MS Word plus a set of related PowerPoint slides.
4. Review and Consultation
- You can receive a review of one draft of a communication project by the program’s author Francois Basili. See details below.
Creating Strategic Communication Plans
The SCP gives you the definitive guide for developing your strategic internal/ external / organizational communication plan in the form of a Template. The Template takes you step by step through the key development phases of your strategic communication plan, including:
- Strategic Purpose
- Tie-in with the organization's Business Plan
- Communication Research, interviews and focus groups
- Formulating business and communication objectives
- Creating Themes and Messages appropriate to your objectives and audience
- Media Selection
- Measurement tools to include in the plan.
- Implementation and reporting
You will also get access to a recorded webinar to listen to the Template’s author explaining the key aspects of the communication planning process, the challenges you are likely to encounter and how to manage them.
Conducting Communication Audits
A communication audit is a snapshot of an organization's communication strategies, activities and programs.
Our Strategic Communicator Program takes you step-by-step through the process of planning and conducting an effective communication audit for your organization or that of your client.
It includes ways for you to do an assessment of the effectiveness and credibility of current communication vehicles and media, including publications, web site, intranet, blogs, town meetings, face-to-face communication, and other communication media.
It shows you how to use processes such as observations, analyses and evaluations, focus groups, interviews and surveys of employees and other key audiences whose support is needed to improve communication, understanding and collaboration in the organization.
It gives you all the content you need to conduct the audit, including the questions to ask in your interviews and focus groups, the criteria to use for evaluating the communication vehicles, and a survey of your stake-holders' views toward communication.
In addition to receiving the comprehensive Auditor's kit containing the content you need to conduct the audit, you will get access to an online recorded webinar to learn directly from HumaNext president as he takes you step-by-step through the process.
Plus: Heart & Mind Communication Program
The Strategic Communicator Program includes our powerful Heart & Mind Communication resource:
- Heart & Mind Communication offers you concepts and content, tools and templates, methods and messages to help you create more engaging and effective communication initiatives, campaigns, events, and projects.
- Heart & Mind Communication is a powerful, innovative resource that infuses your communication campaigns, initiatives, or events with qualities and features that turn ordinary communications into engaging experiences that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
Review and E-mail Consultation by the Program’s Author
- For a limited time, when you order the Strategic Communicator Program you also get the benefit of a review of one work project or draft project by the program’s author Francois Basili.
- You may send us one of your work projects in any of the areas of the program, for our review and recommendations of improvement.
- For example, you may send us your draft communication plan; communication audit results report; a plan for a communication campaign using Heart & Mind Communication, and so on.
- This way you get the benefit of an outside objective opinion of a communication expert to guide you toward improving your work.
- Consultation: In addition to the review of one project of your work, you may email Mr. Basili any question or problem you have relating to the program’s areas of practice to receive his expert opinion.
Order Now to Expand Your Career
Order the Complete Strategic Communicator Program (Creating Communication Plans+ Conducting Communication Audits + Heart & Mind Communication + Review & Consultation)- Regular Price is $1385. Save $400: Order Now for $985
Order together with Communication Coaching by phone (see below) and save. For both pay $1460
Request our Sample Package: Send your complete business contact
information with a request to receive our SCP Sample Package to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation: You may cancel your registration after receiving the Overview and Introduction document that provides details of the program, a complete Index, and a sample of its content, and receive a refund of the amount paid minus a %15 processing fee. Once you receive the next email containing the first segment of the Program, there will be no refunds given as this program is delivered in electronic format.
Add Communication Coaching- By Phone
Let the author of our communication programs and tools guide you one-on-one by phone.
- Your purchase of any of our strategic communication services or programs qualifies you to add our Strategic Communication Coaching service at $100 off.
- You will get three coaching sessions by phone or Skype, each is 50 minute long so you can do it in your lunch hour if you like.
- Your coach is Francois Basili, the author of most of our communication tools including the Communication Plan Template; the Do-It-Yourself Audit Program; the Strategic Communicator Program; and the Engagement Communicator Program.
- You can select the topic or tool you need the coaching to focus on. The coaching will help you apply the tool or just guide you through any other communication challenge or project you are currently working on.
- You will also receive by email a number of relevant resources, assessments, and documents as applicable to the topic or tool of your coaching.
Order Strategic Communication Coaching / 3 phone sessions of 50 minutes each plus emailed tools. Regular price $675. With any of our communication products from this website pay $575
The Program’s Creato and Coachr: Francois Basili
- The Strategic Communicator Program was developed by Francois Basili, President of HumaNext / Communication Ideas, who served as Director of Organizational and Marketing Communications, and Director of Training/HRD for a $1.3 billion organization in the US.
- Basili’s communication tools and training programs have been used by hundred of organizations in the US and abroad including the World Bank, Mayo Clinic, General Dynamics, and others. Basili's communication campaigns have appeared in the nation's most respected publications including Time, Newsweek, US News, Sports Illustrated, and others. His internal communication campaigns have produced results eight times better than what has been reached before his involvement.
Get Also the Engagement Communicator Program
The Engagement Communicator Program Covers the Following:
1. Developing “Employee Engagement” Communication Process and Training Program
A complete Facilitator’s Guide with step-by-step instructions on developing and conducting an effective “Employee Engagement” process and training program to inspire employees and enroll them on the side of the organization to achieve extraordinary results.
- Access to a recorded webinar to listen to the program’s author explaining the key aspects of the process, the challenges you are likely to encounter and how to manage them.
- A complete set of PowerPoint slides to use when communicating the process and delivering the training, accompanying you in every step of the way.
2. Delivering “Manager as Communicator” Training and Kit
A complete Guide with step-by-step instructions on developing and delivering an effective “Manager as Communicator” training program where managers can be trained to communicate the organization’s strategic objectives, listen to employees’ concerns, answer questions, and inspire commitment.
A complete set of PowerPoint slides to use when delivering the training to managers, accompanying you in every step of the way.
A Manager's Communication Manual to use by managers during the training and afterward as a rsource.
3. Developing and Delivering Great Learning Events
- The Complete Heart & Mind Learning program offering you a methodology for developing and delivering more exciting and effective learning events and training workshops.
- A set of PowerPoint slides covering the key points of the program.
- The programs helps you with the design and delivery of the training parts of both the Employee Engagement and the Manager as Communicator programs.
Order the Complete Engagement Communicator Program for $985
Save $200: Order both the Strategic Communicator Program ($985) Plus the Engagement Communicator Program ($985) and save $200. Order both for $1770
The Seven Principles of Strategic Organizational Communications
The Strategic Communicator Program offers the following Seven Principles of Strategic Organizational Communications, developed by Francois Basili:
1- Organizational Communication is a management process..
with a specific business purpose and disciplined methods of development, implementation, and measurements. It is accomplished through a strategic communication plan reviewed and approved by senior management.
2- Organizational Communication is a change agent.
The purpose of communication is not just to convey information, but to influence behavior. It influences behavior by persuading people to take action toward the organization's objectives.
3- The primary responsibility for internal communication lies with all managers and supervisors.
The Organizational Communication unit is responsible for designing and delivering the system and tools that enable managers to play their role as communicators. Face to face communication with the immediate manager is the most effective form of communication, and is the way employees prefer to receive information relating to their job.
4- Communication is a social process.
Communication is a social process based on openness, sharing, and participation. Communication must recognize and leverage the human need for knowing and relating. Communication must be open, flowing vertically and horizontally throughout the organization. Communication must encourage and utilize user-created-content.
5- To be understood, communication must be grounded in the interests and language of the receiver.
While it seeks to achieve the organization's strategic objectives, it cannot do so effectively unless it uses a receiver-focused approach in both content and context.
6- To be noticed, communication must be compelling and continuous
As it must compete for the receiver's attention, communication must use highly compelling and creative ways to deliver its message. To be remembered and internalized, communication needs to be continuous and consistent. We cannot afford not to communicate.
7- To be influential, communication must be credible.
Without a high degree of credibility, the integrity and believability of the message will be lost, and the whole communication process will be a waste of resources.
(c) 2003-2010 Francois Basili, President, HumaNext. Taken from the Communication Plan Template/ Strategic Communicator Program. See more information on this page.
How to Overcome the Fear of Strategic Communication Planning
Say the words, "Strategic Planning" and most people will run away from you. Both words have the ability to scare people to death. "Strategic" sounds big, complex, and scary (Do I really have the ability to do it?). And "Planning" is no less intimidating. (How can I plan for something when things keep changing so fast? How do I know what the future will look like?). These are natural, all human fears. The fear of planning to some is like the fear of flying to others. In fact, planning is a kind of flying into the unknown. Or so believe some of us.
To alleviate your fears in this area, let me say first that complex planning seldom works. Too detailed a plan is not necessarily a good plan. It might be too rigid to work in real life. So don't try to create a plan that "plans" for every conceivable possibility under the sun. Focus on the most important elements. Apply the 80 / 20 principle. Let your plan focus on the 20% of the factors that produce 80% of the results.
The other thing I advise is to be real. A "plan" is not a pie in the sky. Your goal is not to create a plan but to apply the plan in order to effect change. The goal of every plan is to effect change. Focus on the real change you want to create, not on how fancy your plan should be. This is the way to create the best plans.
Finally, don't try to re-invent the wheel. There are resources available to help you become more strategic in your approach, and guide you in creating strategic communications that achieve results. See HumaNext Strategic Communicator Program on this page.
(c) HumaNext - All Rights Reserved