Heart & Mind Communication
NEW PROGRAM: Order Now to Save $100
Heart & Mind Communication Program offers you concepts and content, tools and templates, methods and messages to help you create more engaging and effective communication initiatives, campaigns, events, and projects.
Heart & Mind Communication is a powerful, innovative resource that infuses your communication campaigns, initiatives, or events with qualities and features that turn ordinary communications into engaging experiences that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
- Why wait endlessly for inspiration? You can now order it on demand.
- Heart & Mind Communication from HumaNext offers you a wealth of communication insights, concepts, content, messages, stories, activities, and applications to help you create communications that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
- You can use this innovative resource-template to enhance, empower, and enliven your communication campaigns, initiatives, events, messages, or other employee communication projects.
- Learn more about it on this page.
The Seven Principles of Heart & Mind Communication
These are the seven principles for communications that win the hearts and minds of your audience (Part of the Heart & Mind Communication Resource by HumaNext):
If you don’t arouse the heart, you can’t engage the mind.
If you don’t offer inspiration, you will waste the information.
Communication is about human connection: People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
You are the message. It’s not just what is said, but who said it, and how.
People don’t argue with their own data – involve your audience in creating the outcome.
Communication is social - communicate with people, not to them.
Communication does not seek to inform, but to effect change and affirm relationships.
Heart & Mind Communication is an innovative resource that infuses your communication campaigns, initiatives, event, or messages with special qualities that turn ordinary communication into transformational experiences that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
Regular price is $495. Order Now to Save $100 at $395
Ten Problems with Traditional Organizational Communication
- The intended audience is not attentive or interested in receiving your message.
- Those forced to come to hear your message bring with them the attitude of a prisoner.
- Tired, overwhelmed, or burnt-out communication professionals with no passion for creating and delivering exciting communication.
- Old, tired, and outdated content that does not resonate with the audience.
- Topics of interest to top management with no connection to the audience’s world, needs, and language.
- Attempting to jam too much information down people’s throats.
- A passive audience with no opportunities to contribute or get involved.
- Poor delivery that relies on ineffective methods such as one-way communication and lecture-type presentations.
- The communication experience does not engage people and does not result in winning hearts and minds or changing ways of thinking and acting.
- Poorly designed communication events at inhospitable facilities that are closer to being torture chambers than places of learning and communicating.
The Usual Bad Results
- Very little, if any, impact of communication on the audience.
- Ineffective communication campaigns or initiatives.
- Wasted time, effort, and resources.
- Inability to inform and influence your audience
- Spread of disinformation and misunderstanding.
- Rampant rumors and destructive gossiping.
- Blaming the communicators for failing to “sell” the message.
- Bad feelings on the part of all involved.
The Solution: A new resource for a different kind of effective and exciting communication design we call Heart & Mind Communication, designed to help you engage and win the hearts and minds of your audience. Learn more at this page and order below.
Heart & Mind Communication (H&MC) Insights
Heart & Mind Communication (H&MC) works by means of twenty Insights into the communication process and the way people listen, learn, react, and get engaged.
- Heart & Mind Communication Insights provide concepts, ideas, and practices that go beyond common communication tactics and techniques for delivering effective messages.
- Each H&MC Insight offers a deeper look into the purpose and process of communicating, and the way people listen, learn, think, and interact.
- Together, H&MC Insights present a comprehensive methodology for a more effective and exciting way of communication design and delivery that significantly enriches and elevates the experience of communicating for both the communicator and the audience.
- The H&MC Program provides not just explanations of the H&MC Insights but also the activities, tools, handouts, slides, and resources that you can readily use to integrate these Insights into your communication design and delivery right away.
A Larger Communication Vision
- Heart & Mind Communication is a way of bringing a larger vision of human engagement to the corporate / employee communication field.
- It is a view of communication as a path for understanding, collaborating, and achieving.
- It endows communication with a higher purpose and links it more directly to people’s work and life.
- Heart & Mind Communication enables your audience to see the bigger picture and experience the thrill of connecting who they are with what they do. As a result, they begin to approach their work with a renewed sense of purpose and accomplishment.
- Heart & Mind Communication takes you beyond available tricks and techniques of “selling” your message to your intended audience. It puts at your fingertips the communication insights that create common understanding and human engagement. As such, your communication does not stop at providing information, but moves to create meaning and inspired action.
- Heart & Mind Communication invites communicators to reconsider the purpose of their work and view it as the higher calling of creating common understanding and facilitating collaboration to advance the organization’s interests.
Communicating Employee Engagement
How can you effectively communicate the idea of an employee engagement initiative to your organization’s employees? Of course you would not say, “Hey employees we want you to get more engaged”. Many employees might not even know what you mean by engagement. Those who know will most likely resent your notion that they are not already engaged at work.
One way to communicate the notion of employee engagement is by using stories, such as this one.
Are You Wasting Your Life Just Cutting Stone?
"What are you doing?" A passerby asked of three workers standing beside a building under construction. The first worker, looking tired and drained, replied, "I'm just cutting stone." The second one answered, "Working to make a living." The third worker, who was singing, said, "I'm building a cathedral!"
Are you just cutting stone at work? Is that why you're often drained of energy and void of enthusiasm? Are you just trying to make a living? Is that why you find no excitement in what you do? Or are you building or doing something great - something exciting and beautiful that makes you fully engaged in what you do and satisfied with your accomplishment? Ask yourself: What great thing do I want to do today?
Don't waste your life just cutting stone. Start building cathedrals.
This is one of many stories, methods, and messages you get from our new resource, “Heart & Mind Communication: A Template of Concepts and Content for Winning the Hearts and Minds of Your Audience.” Read more about it on this page.
Better than a Report or a Book. It’s a Template
- Heart & Mind is not a rigid print-book, not an e-book, not a PDF document. It is a Template in MS Word, so you can copy and paste directly to your work and start using it immediately.
- No matter what subject you are communicating about, the wealth of generic concepts and content, methods and messages you get in the Template will enable you to create much more exciting and engaging communications that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
In What Form is Heart & Mind Communication Offered?
Content: The Heart & Mind Communication methodology is offered in a series Communication Insights. The H&MC Insights present the concepts, practices, tools, stories, themes, messages, exercises, and experiences you can adopt and implement to transform traditional communication into extraordinary engagement experiences for your audience.
Format: H&MC is presented in a flexible, expandable, and easily reproducible “Template” type of MS Word and PowerPoint slides format, where you can easily change and add your own content under each “Insight” section in the future if need be.
When to Use It
Whether you are designing a comprehensive communication campaign, a new communication initiative, an employee engagement effort, an information event, or even just one message to your organization’s internal or external audience, you can make it more effective and exciting by using Heart & Mind Communication. Just pick one or several of the wealth of communication concepts, tools, templates, stories, examples, or experiences at your fingertips in Heart & Mind Communication and use “as is” or adapt to suit your needs. You will find resources for many communication applications such as:
- Employee communication campaigns
- Employee communication forums
- Employee events
- Employee engagement communication
- Change communication
- Communication training workshops
- Human Resources communication
- Marketing communications
- External communication
- Organization initiative communication
- Strategic communication
- Leadership communication
- Management communication
- Culture change communication
- Vision and mission development
- Team communication
- Diversity & inclusion communication
- Organizational culture communication
- Other related areas.
Order Now to Save $100
Regular price is $495. Save $100. Order Heart & Mind Communication with Communicator’s Guide in MS Word and PP slides at $395.00
Request a sample by providign your business contacts firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sister Tool for Trainers: Heart & Mind Learning
- Trainers have used our Heart & Mind Learning for years to create more engaging workshops.
- H&ML is a methodology that ensures that the training event enjoys a number of features that turn ordinary training sessions into extraordinary learning and changing experiences.
- Learn more about Heart & Mind Learning for trainers here: http://www.humanext.com/heart-and-mind-learning.html
(c) 2012 HumaNext LLC