Where Can You Find Visionary Communication Ideas that Help You Change the Culture of Work?
Need to develop a faster, less costly way to communicate with employees or customers? Want to start an electronic newsletter for employees or customers? Need a wizard Template to help you develop a Strategic Communication Plan? Need to conduct a Communication Audit? Need articles for your employee publications or the Intranet? You will find all these and much more at CommunicationIdeas.com. Register below for our TGIMonday newsletter.
Develop Your Powerful Strategic Communication Plan with our Step-By-Step Template - Free Sample
Our Communication Plan service gives you a powerful Template to use as your definitive guide and actual template for developing your internal/external / employee communication plan, andâ¦
An optional review and consulting service in which we review the plan you developed using our Template and give you complete analysis and recommendations, until the plan is completed.
The Template takes you step by step through the key development phases of your organizational communication plan covering Strategic Purpose, Tie-in with Business Plan, Research, Interviews, Focus Groups, Formulating Business and Communication Objectives, Audience, Message, Media, Training, Measurements, Evaluation, and Implementation.
"This is exactly what I need," wrote to us a director of communication recently about the Template.
The Template can be used by organizations to develop their own plan with or without review and consultation by the Template's developer, Francois Basili.
The Template can also by used by independent consultants and consulting companies to create communication plans for their multiple clients for unlimited times with a Multi-Organization License.
Click here for more information and to order the Communication Plan Template
Learn to Develop Powerful Strategic Communication Plans and Conduct Communication Audits
Our Strategic Communicator Program gives you the training and tools you need to create powerful strategic communication plans and conduct communication audits for your organization.
The program also enables you to create employee engagement and Manager as Communicator programs. And you do that from the comfort of your home.
Do You Need a Communication Audit?
A communication audit is a snapshot of the organization's communication activities and programs. It provides an assessment of the effectiveness and credibility of your communication vehicles and media. Click http://www.communicationideas.com/communication-audit.html to check if you need one.
Become a Strategic Communicator from Your Home
With HumaNext Strategic Communicator Program (SCP) you get everything you need to become a strategic communication professional or consultant. You will receive the tools and training you need to:
- Create Strategic Communication Plans
- Conduct Communication Audits
- Initiate Employee Engagement Programs
- Deliver Manager as Communicator Training
Find out why our newsletter is so popular and register to get it FREE
"Your newsletter is the only internet newsletter I enjoy reading." That's what Patrick Wardell, President and CEO of St. Joseph Medical Center in New Jersey wrote commenting on our fourth issue.
Join the enthusiastic group of people who read HumaNext newsletter at America's leading organizations including Aetna, AT&T, Boeing, Chase, Dell, Disney and FedEx, to GM, IBM, Intel, Lucent, MetLife, NASA, PepsiCo, 3M, Unilever, US Army, and hundreds of organizations and companies around the world. You can receive it FREE by adding your e-mail below.
Employee Engagement from Communication to Implementation
Seeking Powerful Ways to Create and Communicate Employee Engagement?
Looking for a Dramatic Way to Change the Work Culture?
Do It Right with "The Engagement Communicator Program"!
Create Communications that Win Hearts and Minds
Heart & Mind Communication is a resource that infuses your communication campaigns, initiatives, or events with special features that turn ordinary communication into powerful, engaging experiences that win the hearts and minds of your audience.
Learn more: http://communicationideas.com/heart-and-mind-communication.html
Manager As Communicator
Turn the organization's managers into effective advocates of its strategy and initiatives
With the new Manager As Communicator Training Template, you will turn the organization's managers into effective advocates of business strategy and new initiatives. This training will give them the right tools and skills to communicate effectively with employees and create an open communication culture at work.
A whole year program of inspiring articles for print or electronic communication
CommUnicate! is a unique collection of powerful short articles delivering inspiring and educational messages and skills that help organizations continuously communicate with employees. You get the right to publish them in print or electronically on your web or Intranet.
It's a high impact, low cost program to create a culture of communication, boost morale, and build shared values at work. CommUnicate! consists of 30 powerful messages of effective communication practices and positive relationship building strategies. The messages are compelling and to the point, making it easy for people to immediately implement to change the way they communicate and relate to their work, their bosses, and the organization.
You can publish CommUnicate either weekly for 30 weeks, or twice a month for 15 months of continuous communication and inspiration. You receive CommUnicate in pint or as an electronic file, to reproduce and distribute, post on your Intranet, or publish in your company publication as a special column titled, "CommUnicate!" We are confident it will quickly become the most popular column in your publication or Intranet!
CommUnicate! covers some of the most critical topics that organizations need to communicate to all employees, from boosting morale and team work, to maintaining a respectful workplace free of harassment; from building good relationship between managers and staff to understanding the company's mission and goals, the importance of the customer, and the role of the manager as communicator. The program helps organizations build a positive work culture and effective employee communication and relations.
You will get 30 inspiring and educational 'CommUnicate' articles to post on your Intranet, publish as a regular column in your publication, or copy and hand-out in meetings and training sessions - to help people communicate more effectively at work.
The CommUnicate! Program can improve the quality of communication throughout your organization.
Order Now for $169.00
CommUnicate Sample - Before You Speak
Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence? - SAI BABA
Before you speak, ask yourself, will what I say cause damage to a relationship with people important to me? Which is more important to me; to say what I want to say, or to continue a positive relationship?
Before you speak, ask yourself, will what I'm going to say be considered a criticism? If so, shouldn't I wait until a more suitable time and place? Shouldn't I say it in private?
Before you speak, ask yourself, will what I plan to say bring sunshine to a dim place? Or will it bring darkness? Will it open a window of opportunity for someone or some idea? Or will it close a door in someone's face? Will it create or kill?
Communication has consequences. You may say, "I take it back." But you really cannot. It's better that you don't 'give it' in the first place. It's better that you think before you speak.
You can get 30 inspiring and educational 'CommUnicate' messages like this - use two a month for 15 months - to post on your Intranet, publish as a regular column in your publication, or copy and hand-out in meetings and training sessions - to help people communicate more effectively at work.
The CommUnicate! Program can improve the quality of communication throughout your organization.
Order Now for: $169.00
Continuous Content for Your Publications or Intranet for $129.00
Need a continuous source of compelling articles, powerful short pieces, uplifting stories, best practices, case studies, informative tips, ideas, and inspirations for your publications?
Content for Communicators Program gives you the right to publish the positive, inspiring and informative articles and cartoons you will receive every month in your publications or electronic medium.
Our Content for Communicators is the program many communicators have been looking for. Click here for more information and samples
Do-It-Yourself E-Newsletters For Communicating With Customers or Employees
We offer what we believe is the ultimate marketing communication or organizational communication e-mail newsletter program for communicating regularly with your employees, customers, or other stake-holders with almost no effort on your part. Not only you will get a powerful, easy to use newsletter and announcement creation templates and e-mailing system, but also, if you need it, we can offer you complete content to use in your newsletter as well (Content for Communicator service.)
This Do-It-Yourself Email Marketing / newsletter creation service - provides an easy and affordable way to develop your visitor and customer email database, and launch targeted email newsletters and promotions.
- Create and launch professional email newsletters, promotions
- No technical expertise required
- See campaign results as they happen including who clicked on each link
- Affordable rates
Ford Motors Company /
Bristol âMyers-Squibb /
Pfizer / Dell / General Dynamics /
Raytheon Co / World Bank / UN /
National Instruments /
Pacific Corp. /
Michigan Department of Management & Budget /
Manitoba Lotteries, Canada /
Foreign language Institute /
University of Chicago /
Lone Star Health Centers /
Rexall Sundown /
Stevens Institute of Technology /
Bright Horizons /
And many other business, government, and non-profit organizations around the world.
What People Say About Us..
This is what communication and organizational culture consultant Susan Price, of Price Communications, Halcyon, CA. wrote to us. Susan teaches Organizational Communication at the University of LaVerne. Thank you Susan. All what we can say is, "We agree."
The Seven Principles of Strategic Organizational Communication (From the Communication Plan Template)
Our Communication Plan Template helps you create effective organizational communication programs based on the following Seven Principles of Strategic Organizational Communication:
1- Organizational Communication is a management process.
with a specific business purpose and disciplined methods of development, implementation, and measurements. It is accomplished through a strategic communication plan reviewed and approved by senior management.
2- Organizational Communication is a change agent.
Its purpose is not just to convey information, but to change behavior. It changes behavior by persuading people to take action toward the organizationâs objectives. Click here for the remaining principles of strategic organizational communication.
Employee Communication Coaching by Phone
Let the author of our communication programs and tools guide you one-on-one by phone.
- Your purchase of any of our strategic communication services or programs qualifies you to add our Strategic Communication Coaching service at $100 off.
- You will get three coaching sessions by phone or Skype, each is 50 minute long so you can do it in your lunch hour if you like.
- Your coach is Francois Basili, the author of most of our communication tools including the Communication Plan Template; the Do-It-Yourself Audit Program; the Strategic Communicator Program; and the Engagement Communicator Program.
- You can select the topic or tool you need the coaching to focus on. The coaching will help you apply the tool or just guide you through any other communication challenge or project you are currently working on.
- You will also receive by email a number of relevant resources, assessments, and documents as applicable to the topic or tool of your coaching.
Order Strategic Communication Coaching / 3 phone sessions of 50 minutes each plus emailed tools. Regular price $675. With any of our communication products from this website pay $575
Top Ten Trends for Communicators in 2014
What are the top ten topics and trends in organizational and marketing communications that are expected to dominate in 2014?
At HumaNext, we use our own unique way to arrive at the answer. We do not use surveys. We look for the areas in which companies invest their money by buying our communication programs and tools that address these issues. We also monitor customers’ inquiries and requests for products we might not yet have developed, which helps us gauge future needs and trends. Based on this approach, here are the top ten communication topics and trends we expect for 2014, with links to HumaNext programs that correspond to them:
1. Employee Engagement: Because of the current economic climate in the US and most of the world, organizations are looking for programs that help them inspire employee engagement. Visit: http://www.communicationideas.com/Employee-Engagement.html
2. Strategic Communication: More and more organizations are demanding that their communication efforts be planned to support the organization’s strategic objectives. See our Strategic Communicator program: http://communicationideas.com/strategic-communication.html
3. Manager as Communicator: Many organizations are looking for ways to help their managers communicate their strategic objectives more effectively to employees. Visit: http://www.communicationideas.com/manager-employee-communication.html
4. Communication ROI, Measurement, and Audit: Documenting the impact and validity of communication programs continue to be of critical importance. Conducting Return on Investment analysis, communication audits and measurement continue to be of great interest to organizations. Visit: http://www.communicationideas.com/communication-audit.html
5. Leadership Communication: The tough economic times demand compelling leadership communication. We offer a powerful “Critical Conversations” training program: http://www.humanext.com/communication-skills.html
6. Managing Generations at Work: Because of the aging baby-boomers and the increasing number of generations X and Y in the workplace, organizations are seeking programs to help them handle generational differences at work. Visit: http://www.videos4training.com/diversity-training-videos.html
7. Electronic Newsletters: For speed and cost advantages, companies are using less paper and more electronic newsletters. We offer a powerful easy-to-use system: http://www.communicationideas.com/company-publications.html
8. Cross Cultural Communication and Global Competence: Cross cultural communication is an old topic that is enjoying a renewed interest because of the election of the first African American President, the rise of global business, outsourcing, wars and the clash of cultures, the interdependence of world economies, and the global internet. For Cross Cultural Skills visit: http://www.humanext.com/cross-cultural-training.html
9. Managing Differences and Inclusion: This area continues to emerge as critical due to the effect of increased workplace diversity, rising immigration, women issues, and issues of inclusion. Visit: http://www.humanext.com/diversity.html
10. Social Media: Social media continue to cause a transformation in the communication profession. The tools involved include the use of Blogs, social networks and wiki for sharing and collaboration, podcasts, video-casts, online communities, Facebook, Twitter, and more. We use social media (wikis) in our online strategic communicator program: http://communicationideas.com/strategic-communication.html
(c) 2014 HumaNext LLC. All rights reserved. You may publish this article with no changes on your website with credit to communicationideas.com as the source.
E-mail Essentials: Legal & Appropriate Use of E-mail Program in Video or CD-ROM - Free Preview
Organizations and individual employees are facing litigation arising out of the illegal use of their e-mail systems. Take the lead on this critical organizational communication issue by introducing this informative program in video or CD-ROM format. E-mail Essentials helps employees think through the appropriate and inappropriate uses of this powerful communications tool. After viewing the program, employees will have a clearer idea of...
how e-mail works / what if any privacy you can anticipate / what if any personal uses of an organization's e-mail are appropriate / some of the rules of e-mail etiquette / the illegality of e-mail harassment / confidentiality concerns / disclosure issues (public sector version)
E-mail essentials is made up of short theatrical dramatizations that explore each of the issues the program seeks to address. A diverse group of legal, human resources and technology experts discuss the significance of each scenario and suggest guidelines to use in determining whether you are using your e-mail system in a manner that is legal, appropriate and consistent with the values of your organization.
There are management and employee versions of the program available for public and private sector organizations. ........Video or CD-ROM Purchase Code/ QM-EE/ $625.00
Get Professional / Business Magazines and Other Media Publications at No Cost
You can get magazines in your fields of work and interest at no cost.
Click here for your Free Publications
Tough Times: What to Communicate? How to Lead?
In this world-wide economic crisis, employees worry about their jobs, their pensions or 401k plans, their homes, and even their country. This negatively affects their ability to focus on their work. And the organization suffers by declining productivity and low morale. In such situation, what should you communicate? How should you lead?
In the opinion of most economic experts, the current financial crisis is caused by the lack of trust between the banks, each fearing that the other will not be able to pay back its debt. Trust, which is a soft social value, turned out to be the underlying cause of the failure of the economy.
Since lack of trust was the cause, cultivating trust must be the solution. In tough times, leaders and communicators need to cultivate employees' trust both in their leaders and in themselves. This is what Franklyn D. Roosevelt did to combat the Great Depression of 1929. Not only did he create a large public works project that created jobs and benefited commerce, but he also started his "Fireside Chat" series of Radio communication with the American people. In it, he focused on the task of building people's trust in themselves and in their leaders and institutions.
Here are a few important points to consider in this regard:
- It is time for leaders to lead. Crises are the times in which the caliber and strength of leadership will be tested. If the leaders are not aware of the significance of their role at such critical moments, as Herbert Hoover was not at the start of the Great Depression, people will quickly lose confidence in them and things will deteriorate.
- A steady hand is crucial. Leaders cannot act or communicate in panic. A leadership that demonstrates both wise deliberation and decisive action is needed. The steadiness and decisiveness of New York Mayor Rudolf Giuliani during September 11 is a model of leadership in action.
- Trust is built with accumulated actions. What exacerbated the financial crisis in the US was that it started during the last few months of George Bush's term, when he had the lowest level of popular approval in history. When Bush attempted to reassure Americans it did not work because most of them believed he had relied on shaky evidence to start the Iraq war and his subsequent management of it for several years was not effective. His leadership was not one people could continue to trust. His speeches to stem the financial fall had no impact until a specific action started to take shape. A leader with a bigger reserve of trust with the American people might have had a better impact on the situation in the early crucial days.
- Communicating to inspire, not just inform. During tough times, people need both information and inspiration. Both must be credible, compelling, and continuous. People can quickly lose faith or regain confidence depending on the message and, more importantly, the messenger. A trusted leader with an honest, inspiring message can achieve miracles. People are hungry to play a role larger than themselves in life and will follow and reward the true leader who will stir in them the passion to rise to the occasion and achieve great accomplishments.
© 2009-2014 Francois Basili, President, HumaNext LLC.
(c) 2002-2014 HumaNext